Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mid-week


This week has been tough emotion wise with so much negativity swirling around cyber space. Between mean comments on a blog that brings beauty and peace to so many people; mean spirited words on various social networks; sad, negative articles on the news it's just getting depressing!

Part of my New Year's "resolution" is to try to find Joy in each day. I've joined Ann Voscamp's Joy Dare to count 1000 gifts in 2012. I need to focus on finding the beauty in each day and counting those in a little journal will hopefully help.

Life really is good. Beauty and joy is all around. Even when we need to search for it each day holds it. We need to focus on that instead of the depression and darkness that seems more prevalent then the beauty.

So only 11 days into this New Year and I'm renewing my resolution to look even HARDER each day to come up with joy and photograph at least once a day what has brought beauty into my life. It shouldn't be too hard...I've got a gorgeous 2 year old whose whole being brings joy into life!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It can be hard to focus on joy when there is so much weight put into the negatives. Children are amazing how they can move through it so swiftly. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!