Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Yarn Along

IMG_3873

It's been a long time since I participated in a Yarn Along with Ginny! I have still been reading (lots & lots!) and knitting too. For 2015 I made a goal that I would knit a pair of socks each month. That one up there is the second sock of June's pair. I am sort of in a mid-month end/begin cycle but that's okay. As long as I have 12 socks at the end of the year I will be very happy! So far I have made I think one pair for myself. All the rest have been for gifts! After this pair up there is finished I will be working on a pair all for me!

I also have been averaging a book every three or four days. For about a month I couldn't sleep. My husband finally figured out why. I was sitting with the iPad until bedtime each night. He said something technical about the light from the screen telling my brain to wake up even if I felt tired and it was keeping me up. So as an experiment I decided to shut all screens off about an hour before bed and read my book. It has had amazing results: not only am I getting tons of books read but I also am falling right asleep at bedtime! 

I am almost finished with The Life and Death of Sophie Stark. It's haunting and good and makes me remember my old thoughts that in order to be a creative genius you have to be a little crazy....although I guess we all are crazy in our own way!

I am working through the Artists Way with an on-line friend. We just began this past Monday and I can already tell it will help open up some creativity in my writing. I am excited to see where it takes me!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the sock knitting!

    You books sound interesting, thanks for sharing. I am reading a lot more fiction this year, a goal of mine. I am really enjoying it, and love my before bed reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is interesting about what you say about screen time. I read real books at night so I always fall asleep while reading. However I frequently wake in the middle of the night thinking random things that need to be done...I want to stop that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Life and Death of Sophie Stark is next on my list so I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.
    !2 pairs of socks in a year sounds like a great plan, I should to that too if I'm ever going to reach my goal of 100 pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how something so simple can have such an impact on our ability to drop off to sleep! Like Karen, I nod off while book reading at bedtime and often wake with the to-do list running full speed through my mind. Hope you reach your knitting goal...12 pairs of socks will be an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goal of 12 pairs of socks. It took me 6 months to knit a pair and that was two at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!