Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekending


We've been enjoying a full weekend!

A morning trip to the zoo yesterday. We spent our time at the new "Big Backyard" they built. A place for children of all ages to explore and learn. There are different stations throughout: tunnels with huge pieces of fabric; painting with water; a big puppet theater; a big xylophone; a huge treehouse with all kinds of things to explore. It's like a mini version of the local Children's Museum. Except it's outside.

Ree got a little upset when we left without looking at the animals. I promised her a trip back to see her precious flamingos & penguins this week. That didn't stop a temper tantrum though!

After coming home for naps and cleaning up we headed to my parents to celebrate my baby sister's birthday. Food; cake; presents; family; life doesn't get better then that!

Today's been our usual Sunday morning; Ree is now sleeping; I'm getting ready to knit and when she wakes up Ree will be surprised with a finished swing in her own backyard! If you can't find me this week I'll be out there pushing her for hours!

Linking up with Amanda!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend! and yay for a swing - those are lifesavers for the mama and fun for the littles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of the Big Backyard and wish every town had the same, it sounds like a great place to spend the day.
    Any day that has birthday cake in it is a great one, happy birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that she is getting a swing! I used to swing for hours when I was a kid. We do not live near a zoo :( I would like too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that zoo. And I like how they just keep adding to it. Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!