Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yarn Along

IMG_1167

This week's yarn along isn't much different from last week.

I'm still working on the newborn stripy socks. I'm not making a match for each one. HOPEFULLY I'll have those finished by next week! They are so little and easy I really have no excuse for not having them done yet!

(Could be because my mind is working on about 20 other projects!)

The granny squares on the left are the ones I've finished since this past weekend. I feel like I've been working on these forever. But now that I've taken a picture with them all together....I still have a long way to go! Each time I finish a square Ree asks "Is it ready for me to use as a blanket?" Umm. Nope. 'Cause then comes all the joining!!

I've also included Ree's "knitting" (or crocheting. I'm not ready to give her knitting needles yet.) Her knitting consists of wrapping yarn around the crochet hook REALLY TIGHT then having me unwind it, rewind the ball and repeating. It's great fun, especially when I'm in the middle of a row or round of granny square!

Reading has slowed down a little bit now that it's just a little bit cooler to not have to spend all day in the air conditioning. I did finish Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. The last 100 pages or so were very slow. Now I've started All This Talk of Love. A story about an Italian American family. The parents emigrated here and now it's their first generation children. So far it's pretty good. Nothing really to write home about but it's holding my attention.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Ree has her own project! she will be a crafter, I just know it. I see progress on the blanket to be, a blanket is a big undertaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love Ree's knitting! That is so cute! Baby socks are so much fun to knit. Great colors for the granny squares too by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!