Thursday, June 12, 2014

Make & Listen Along

~ On Thursdays I will post what I have been making and listening to as creations grow. 
If so inclined post, on your blog or flickr, about what you have been making (on your own or with little hands by your side) and listening to while you create. It can be new music, flash backs, a song or a whole album... whatever you like. You can be stitching with needle & thread, yarn, paper crafting, painting, cooking... and beyond. Share what you are making and the tunes that are fueling your creativity. Then come back to my Thursday Make & Listen Along post and leave a link in the comments so we can be inspired right along with you! ~

IMG_0895 IMG_0896

The other day I came across the 2014 Index Card a Day Challenge. Ree and I wanted to do some art but we weren't sure what exactly we wanted to do. So I got out the index cards and made some up.

The theme for the first week was words. So I got out my journal and found a few quotes I liked and made index cards with them. Ree decided to just paint paper that she had cut into the approximate size of index cards. Then she threw a bit of a temper tantrum because she couldn't get hers to look exactly like mine. I have no idea where that came from since usually she has no problem doing her own thing.

I most likely won't make one a day for the challenge...too many other projects! but this was something to fun to do during our morning creating time!

Listening has mainly been to the sounds of the outdoors. All the windows have been open so it's been lawn mowers, and weed whackers, and children playing and birds singing.

What have you been making and listening to?

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! We are loving the outdoor sounds around here too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and will be sharing it with Erin, my daughter, to use with Emerson.
    Outdoor noises are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot to link to you yesterday! So sorry. I have been knitting for the most part. Listening has been catching up on knitting podcasts. Unless the Stanley Cup Playoffs are on - then it's listening to my husband scream at the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that last year and wished I'd done it, again I'm a wishes and a daydreamer. But I'm glad you are doing it and I can see your creativity :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!