Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sewing for Ree

I'm linking up with Elizabeth today for "Needle and ThREAD". 

A few weeks ago Ree & I went with my mom to the fabric store. Ree LOVED all the pretty fabric and exclaimed over all of it. Both Mommy & Nana bought a little bit to make her some pretty things.


 I made her a pair of "lounge pants" using Amanda Soule's method in The Creative Family. They came out a little big...long and around the waist....but she doesn't seem to mind. She loves her new star jammies. And she'll be able to wear them for quite some time.

I also picked up this cute owl fabric. I love little owls and have a whole bunch of ideas for them pinned on pintrest. This fabric though was originally for another pair of lounge pants but since then I saw Amanda's skirt she made for her little girl; then I came across this pattern for a pillow case dress.

So I'm not sure what the owls will become. Ree wants all 3 of course. A trip to the fabric store in the next few weeks may be in our future!

As for reading I found the copy of Naturally Fun Parties for Kids that the publisher sent me a few weeks ago. I just opened it this afternoon so I'm hoping to get a review up here early next week.
needle and thREAD

3 comments:

  1. Skirts for little girls are so easy-peasy! I have some fabric waiting to be made into skirts for G, I just have to set aside some time...this month is so stressy, though, it's good that last year's skirts still fit. :) Just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute jammy pants. The owl fabric is great. What fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both fabrics are really cute. I've been wanting to see that book. I need to see if the library has it. Thanks for stopping by One Acre Follies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!