Thursday, May 31, 2012

Some Sewing

I've got lots of ideas of things I want to sew and embroider. I finally got out the sewing machine again the other day; organized (a little bit) the craft room and cut a few things out. I made a skirt for Ree (who then went into the fabric drawers and requested more skirts in 3 different fabrics...all with coordinating pajama shorts too). The pattern is the simple skirt pattern and it really IS simple. Thankfully so since more skirts are on the horizon!



I've also been wanting to embroider again. I'm almost finished with this pattern from Clover & Violet. It's part of a sew along they had a few years ago. There are 9 blocks that can then be made into a quilt. I think I will finish this one to be hung on Ree's bed room wall. I would like to make the other blocks as well but not sure if they'll become a quilt.

As for reading I'm still in the middle of Anne of Green Gables but my copy of "Prague Winter" came in at the library the other day. It is very good. Madeline Albright wrote it after her research on her family showed the she was Jewish as a little girl and some of her family members were part of the Holocaust. Reading about how her country (Czechoslovakia) was swallowed up by Germany with their freedoms and everything just gone overnight, made me realize how very lucky we are here in America. 
needle and thREAD

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it simple!? So cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that block i so sweet! Here is my recent project: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness, that is pretty, pretty embroidery! The colors are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness, that is pretty, pretty embroidery! The colors are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embroidery. It is really beautiful! I finished that tutorial and posted it this morning.
    http://thegaugewars.blogspot.com/2012/06/circular-knitting-needle-case-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I may try the skirt pattern for my grand-daughters. I'm all about easy! I may just get out some of my Anne of Green Gables books and read them...my mother had almost a whole set and I took them and kept them when she passed away. Thanks for the inspiration. I love your emboidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that embroidery. It's just darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!