Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yarn Along


This yarn along post is brought to you by another (very) rainy day in Southern New England. Right now there's thunder outside in the distance. I love a good thunder storm. I am very thankful that the forecast seems to be beautiful for tomorrow right on through the weekend!

Now if I had been smart I wouldn't have waited until this morning to take today's yarn along picture. Instead I should have taken it the other day out on the back deck where I was knitting in the sunshine. But I wanted to wait to show you my progress at the last minute!

I am still working on my Oaklet shawl. I finished the body yesterday and began the border. It's not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Although I have to be careful when a little one is around talking to me. But the good news is that I should have it finished for the wedding in a week and a half. I can't wait to see it blocked!

I finally found a book that I'm enjoying: My Name is Mary Sutter. It was recommend through the yarn along but I can't remember by whom. I really like. I forgot how much I like historical fiction. I think after this one is finished I'm going to re-read the Anne of Green Gable books. It's been a long time since I read them and I think I'm over-do for a reading!

11 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, it is also a very rainy day in Northern New England :-) I am sure that my garden is happy, but the weeding I am going to have to do after all this rain is going to put me over the edge I believe! I love historical fiction as well. I will have to look into that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you send some of that rain to the midwest???? we're in a draught already.
    shawl is coming along beautifully!!! mary sutter has been on my list--wednesdays always get me in TROUBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are expecting rain showers here in the south too so it should make for great knitting.
    Great progess on your shawl, it looks great.
    I saw that book too and want to read it.
    Have a lovely yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we're expecting rain down here too and i'm excited - it's a good excuse to stay indoors and knit or read ;-)

    looking forward to seeing your beautiful shawl blocked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm joining in on the rain talk ... yes, it's been raining steadily here in NY, too. The sun is meant to make an appearance this afternoon so we shall see. Great progress on your Oaklet ... I'm no where near the lace border but am looking forward to it. As for Anne of Green Gables, my teenage daughter finished the whole series when she turned 12 and it became her favorite collection (as it was mine when I was her age).

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you are getting some thunder over there! It breaks up over the bay and we don't get many storms over on this side. Your Oaklet is coming along nicely. I'm glad you will get to wear it for the wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shawl and the color. Sunny skies here at the beach (so far) I wish I could bottle up some beams and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wednesdays I drive over both bridges, to Newport & back. Today I couldn't see the top of the Newport bridge even when I was right under it. Yeah, I LOVE that!! I'm looking forward to this weekend's weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had rain this morning but now it's cleared and sunny :) I love a good storm too, but the sunshine is also very welcome.
    I love the Oaklet - can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shawl looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see it all blocked!
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!