Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yarn Along...Flamingo sweater




Ree's flamingo sweater was finished....she was so excited to put it on. And it was too short. I let her dance around with it for awhile but I couldn't take it. I had been hoping she'd be able to wear it this fall as well. It fit every where else fine. So I finally managed to get it off her little body and picked up stitches at the bottom for a knit 2 purl 2 border.

It made me happy though...she was so happy to have her flamingo sweater on! Now all she's talking about is going to the zoo to show the flamingos. That'll be in the next few days I'm sure! And there will be better pictures as well. This is a REALLY pink sweater!

Pattern: Menemsha
My Ravelry notes

8 comments:

  1. You can see the excite on her face, she is so happy and the sweater looks great on her. Sorry it was a little short, but at least that's an easy fix and you get to knit more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I'm glad it was an easy fix. Have fun at the zoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so very happy to have it. I am glad you were able to add length, so she can wear it a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect sweater and it's great you were able to knit more length!! Your daughter is a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I does look very pink! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time we were at the zoo the flamingos weren't there! I think they were just cleaning their fake pond thingy though and it wasn't permanent.

    Now you know, always knit them long. :) Grace still wears sweaters I knit two years ago. They don't grow out, just UP, for a while. Glad you could fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so sweet on her! I have a sweater that I made too short for myself and I have yet to fix it. I wear it, but it still bugs me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the flamingos will be dutifully impressed with Ree's sweater. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!