Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekending



I need to get better at taking pictures!

We had a beautiful weekend here. The weather was perfect...warm and sunny.

Ree had a friend over Saturday morning; they spent the whole time outside playing together.

That afternoon Ree & her Daddy went off for a few hours. I spent my Momma time cleaning up & preparing food for Sunday. When they returned they had some sweet gifts and a wonderful dinner with them.

On Sunday morning my husband panicked because he forgot to pick up a card. So he & Ree sat down and made me one. To be honest, this was better then any card they could have gotten at the store. They brought me coffee in bed and we spent a wonderful day at my mom's with my parents, sister, other sister & her family.

My Mother's Day was perfect! It's an honor to be Ree's Mommy. I'm lucky enough to feel appreciated, and loved 365 days of the year I don't need a special one to feel that way! I wouldn't trade one second of my life as a wife and mother. Even the mundane. Just seeing my beautiful, happy little girl enjoying life everyday is more then "payment"! I am so thankful to my husband for the opportunity to stay home with Ree and care for her and our household. And so very thankful to God for entrusting me with her beautiful soul!

Linking up with Amanda at The Habit of Being to share weekends!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day indeed. I agree with the homemade card...much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Angie, it sounds like a wonderful day. I love homemade cards and hand picked wild flowers, to me it's the little things:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great weekend! and yes homemade will always trump store bought :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would take a hand made card over store bought any day too. I am getting better at taking pictures, but I really have to step it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the homemade card. They truly are the best. I got a long, sweet letter from my husband written in his store-bought card and that was nice too. Sounds like a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful I get to stay home too, although I'm not sure how well I'm caring for the household. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy mother's day! sounds like a perfect celebration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hand made cards are always by far better than store bought, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!