Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yarn Along


I managed to finish this little pair of socks!! And then forgot to take a picture of them on said baby. She is sleeping now or I'd try them on but you know what they say "Never wake a sleeping baby!"

I've cast on the adult pair too but that wasn't in the same room as these for the picture. I also was going to cast on for a felted bowl (pattern from Heather's Hibernate workshop) but my circular needles are too long. I guess I'll have to stop by the store! Not today though. We got snow over night & it's bitter cold today.

I have a large pile of books on my side table. But the one I am actively reading at the moment is still If You Want to Write. I am really enjoying it! I'm taking notes as I go along which slows me down a little as well.

What are you knitting & reading these days?

5 comments:

  1. cute socks, you know my photo today doesn't have the book because it was in another room and I was too lazy to fetch it. Can't wait to see a baby modeling the socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable socks! Little Miss V is going to look so cute in them. I bought some yarn for a felted bowl over the weekend that I will probably use with some stash. I couldn't resist the color. You might be better off ordering your needles online. It's supposed to be freezing cold over the next few days. Is it Spring yet?? Oh - if you do order online try Handsome Fibers. Shipping is only $1.69 and they usually ship out real fast. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about baby socks that are just so stinking cute!
    I hear you about not waking a sleeping baby, although if I were to visit I must confess that I would wake her up just so I could play and hold her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you can just whip out the socks! I'm sure it won't take you long for you to finish the adult pair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!