Friday, August 29, 2014

Around the yard

IMG_2153 IMG_2156 IMG_2157 IMG_2159 IMG_2160 IMG_2162 IMG_2163

There is lots of things going on in our yard this week!

The gladiolas that we planted two years ago are still coming up. One of Ree's favorite things to do is run outside in the morning to see if there are any new ones flowering.

This morning we counted twenty peppers growing with lots more flowers. A few eggplant flowers. Lots of lettuce. It looks like the spinach may be passing by. I need to get out there and pick some. This week we picked almost all the radishes to bring to my mom. There are still some left, but they are little so we are hoping they grow a bit more before she gets them too.

The onions and beets and carrots are humming along nicely. Probably will be ready to pick in a few weeks.

There is a bug in one of the eggplant leaves that I don't know what it is. At first I thought it was an earwig but I don't think. Possibly a wasp, but I didn't want to get too close to see just in case!

This week we also found a dead robin and I stepped on a garter snake. 

Never a dull moment in the yard!

3 comments:

  1. Look at your gardens, they look amazing! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks great Jen. It is so funny that we live in the same country, but our planting seasons are so vastly different.
    Enjoy the pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a pretty property and you know I love that stone wall! Wish I had one. Your garden is doing so well, ours is okay peppers and tomatoes..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!