Thursday, August 28, 2014

Make and Listen Along

A quiet night at the beach Sunset

I had meant to have a yarn along post for yesterday. But it would have pretty much been the same as last week! I am still on the cuff of my sock, and just finished the book (which I loved!). I did decide I would be frogging the first sock I made up to the cuff, making the cuff longer & the foot longer too. I had plenty of yarn and I just don't think it will fit the recipient right the way it is. I'd rather take some out to make it correctly. 

Other then sock knitting, this week has been a lot of memory making. Monday evening we decided, spur of the moment, to head to one of our local beaches for some playground fun and sunset watching. Ree had so much fun on her "surprise" as we didn't tell her beforehand where we were going. There was some sea shell collecting, a race between momma & Ree & baby (who had help from daddy) some swinging and going down the slide (by both Ree & I. I haven't swung that high nor gone down such a big slide in a long time!)

We caught the sunset and it was stunning. The past few days have been dentist appointments and errands and spending time with my sister & her kids at my parents. Just a whole lot of being in the moments as they come, soaking up one another presence and those of our loved ones. 

I won't kid, there have been some melt downs, late nights & early mornings that make for tired momma's and littles, a teething baby and the return of the heat. But we really are making the best of things and taking life one moment at a time.

As for listening, there has been the return of the upstairs air conditioner, very noisy peepers at night, the happy squeals of a baby, the questions of an inquisitive 4 year old, the lapping of the waves on the shore and the shouts and laughter of children at playgrounds. 

****

A reminder about the Poetry in Everyday Beauty course. Registration is open and will remain open through September 8th, start day! The option to bring a friend will stay until then as well!

5 comments:

  1. We've been soaking up the shoreline, too.
    http://amyhoodarts.com/2014/08/28/making-listening152014/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures today are gorgeous! What amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had your fun at the beach and while there captured the beauty! So lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos and the sounds you are hearing, squealing, happy babes and wee toddlers sound nice, especially when my home is so quiet, too quiet at times.
    Enjoy a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!