Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend


Saturday was Ree's Daddy's Father's Day. We went out for coffee; opened gifts; bought flowers; played in the yard. Late in the day a phone call saying a baby had been born. Too early. Many prayers lifted up on behalf of her and her parents.


Sunday morning dawned beautiful. Early morning watering and cutting of fruit for a fruit salad to go celebrate Father's Day at my dad's.

Another phone call. The precious baby had passed away in the night before even getting a chance to live life. 

The rest of the day was spent with family; holding my own baby close; and celebrating the life of the Father's in our lives. All the while thinking of and praying for the Daddy who had his own precious daughter for just a few hours. 

The pain of those two parents is unfathomable. And I've thanked God many times these past few days for my precious little one. Such horrible news puts everything in perspective. 

5 comments:

  1. The passing of a precious, wanted baby...so very sad. Prayers of comfort to her parents and family. News like that does certainly put things into perspective and make us want to hold our loved ones close. Thanks for the reminder of how fragile life really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, I am so sorry, that is such sad news. Life is such a gift, a gift we need to cherish each day and not take for granted. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to those parents who have suffered such a huge loss. It's true that we mustn't take even the smallest treasures for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news is so sad, I will be thinking about them. Glad you were with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sad news. I'm so very sorry. My neighbors sister lost her baby boy a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine going through that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!