Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ree's new friend

Ree's 2 1/2 birthday was the other day. She wanted a "birthday party". So I found a whole bunch of flamingo decorations and party stuff at the dollar store and picked it up. She wanted hot dogs and pumpkin bread for dinner (oh my stomach turned upon hearing that!). We compromised: hot dogs for dinner; pumpkin bread instead of cake. (But as I was putting her to bed she told me she wanted a "real birthday cake" the next day!)

For gifts I wrapped up the outdoor sprinkler I'd already bought her and made her a flamingo:

 She LOVES it. And already told me she needs 2.

The pattern calls for a pink Hi-Bounce ball to go inside it but I didn't have any so I just stuffed him with fiber fill. I want to get a ball and try that too so Ree will be getting her second flamingo! Just not sure when.

I'm finally reading Sheepish after reading so many other's posts about it. It's good so far although I'm only about 2 1/2 chapters in.

I can't show what I'm working on right now as it's a little something for my state swap (which I am WOEFULLY behind on) and I don't want Melissa to see if she stops by.

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable flamingo [I love flamingos and birthday cake too ;)].
    I just finished Sheepish and loved it. Now I want to fence in a few of my fields for pasture and get a few dozen sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful toy! Love it. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flamingo! Your daughter looks so sweet all snuggled up to it. A secret knitting project??? fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet mama you are! That flamingo is incredible! I can see why your little sweetie loves it so much. Good luck with your swap project!
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute flamingo! and i keep seeing sheepish pop up...must add it to my ever-growing queue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a VERY happy little girl with her flamingo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest little flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling flamigo hugging photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww - the flamingo came out so cute! Even at 2 years old, it's all about compromise...

    I have Sheepish on my list. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute flamingo! Lucky girl to get two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that picture of her hugging the flamingo is too cute!!
    the flamingo came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!