Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My girl




Due to the loss of a sweet little baby over the weekend I've been thanking God for the gift of my little girl extra hard. 

Yesterday we went out to the back yard for hours. We ate on a blanket; watched a butterfly land on the house; named as many birds as we could; picked dandelions & clover; made Ree her first clover crown; kicked a ball; pretended to take a nap & smelled all the flowers growing in the yard.

I so enjoy watching her grow and explore her world. It teaches me something too. To appreciate the wonder in the world around us. To stop, and linger in the present moment and see the beauty. 

3 comments:

  1. She is a sweetheart and I love her flower ring in her hair :) Great blanket, did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a darling little girl...so nice you could spend the day just enjoying her and making memories...it is too easy to let the busyness of unimportant things get in the way of the truly imporpant. Thanks for this post. It is a great reminder to be thankful for the blessings we have in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right ... every moment is precious and should be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!