Thursday, March 7, 2013

Needle & Thread

Needle & Thread

Now that I've gotten most of the craft room cleaned & (semi) organized, Ree & I have been spending quite a bit of time up there. It's nice to have a spot to do our crafts & leave them out if we aren't finished with them but want to do other things (like cook dinner).

I have a baby shower to attend this coming weekend & pinned this cute owl taggie tutorial on Pinterest quite some time ago. Along with the sweater I'm knitting &  a few pairs of baby booties I made awhile ago, this little cutie will be given to the soon to be baby girl. 

I had a heck of a time making this. I don't think it SHOULD have been as hard as it was but I did have quite a bit of "help" from my little helper. As soon as it was done it was worth it! I love it. I was so tempted to keep it "just in case" I need it someday for another little one. But I figure I'll just have to make another one. I know the expectant Momma will appreciate it. She sews too so will understand the time it took to make it! 

Also pictured is the fabric, buttons & pattern for Ree's Easter dress. We went to the big box store yesterday so she could pick out fabric. Oh my goodness. Give Ree fabric, tell her to pick some out & you will be there for a LONG time while she decides. I finally had to narrow it down for her. Out of all the one's that she "loved so much!" I picked 2 and had her choose. I think she chose well! Although she was very disappointed when the lady cut the fabric but it wasn't her dress! Thank goodness for a snow storm today (hopefully the last!) Maybe I'll at least get it cut out!

While cleaning the craft room I went through the drawers of fabric I have. I have plenty of projects to keep me busy with my sewing machine. I have a feeling once I've finished knitting the 2 Easter sweaters I'll be doing more sewing then knitting for awhile. My fabric & machine is calling to me!

needle and thREAD

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!