Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

An almost complete Easter sweater for Ree this week!! All it needs is the second arm and the border. And I need to figure out why that bottom piece keeps flipping up. I think I sewed the hem too tight. It will have to be fixed as it's driving me crazy!

Progress on the Easter sweater had to be halted because I began a puerperium sweater this weekend. This coming Sunday I have a baby shower to attend and I decided the new little one needed a hand knit sweater. It's working up quickly and I am sure I will have it done in time! I am going to make it short sleeved. It's for a baby who is due in May & who lives in Florida. With it being newborn size I know she won't wear it long but every baby needs a hand knit sweater!

8 comments:

  1. Cute sweater! Ree will look lovely in it :) You are such a speedy knitter these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking so pretty. Do you think that will fix itself when you block it? That would drive me crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ree's sweater is so so pretty!!!!

    Pueperium is one of my go-to sweaters, too.......now I have my daughter making it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ree's sweater is beautiful. And you're right, every baby needs a hand knit! I just gave an IOU at a baby shower last weekend for an Aviatrix (she's an FA and he's a pilot) to be knit next fall when the baby needs a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love Ree's Easter sweater! I do hope you take pictures of her wearing it!
    How fun to knit a wee baby sweater, the best knit ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely sweater!! i understand that the flipping up part drives you crazy, it would do that to me as well. but even if it doesn't get fixed completely: once she wears it, it probably won't show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really lovely. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!